Maker&Son is one of the world’s fastest growing luxury furniture businesses. We design and make the world's most comfortable chairs and sofas, entirely from natural materials. We are a small family run business based in the UK and we are growing fast - as such, we are looking for a highly motivated creative individual to join and help us tell our fabulous story. We will need you to be based in our Balcombe offices ideally 5 days a week [but we are open to freelance offers comprising of fewer days]. Lunch will be provided and is always delicious. We will be happy to contribute to your travel expenses depending on where it is you live.
We're looking for someone to help us boost our visual storytelling, allowing us to build brand awareness and trust through film, photography and graphic design.
Daily tasks will include
● Assisting in the development of a content strategy and brand communications plan
● Developing engaging and innovative brand focussed messages, principally for digital but
also off-line, in-house photography, film and editing
● Assisting and liaising with regions in the localising of assets [as required]
● Developing and editing graphic/video/photographic materials
● Updating and maintaining all visual website, instagram, pinterest assets
● Posting innovative content across digital channels, ensuring social media channels are visually optimised
● Ensuring all content is in line with our ongoing narrative and other brand messaging
● Ensuring content produced is high quality and within brand ethos/style
Skills and Experience
We value drive and a willingness to learn. The ideal candidate will have:
- experience in filming, video editing, graphic design with knowledge and practical experience of using Final Cut Pro/Adobe
- the ability and creativity to produce and edit powerful and meaningful videos
- good knowledge of photographic software (Lightroom/Photoshop)
- good knowledge of design software (InDesign/Illustrator)
- an awareness of video/graphic design specifically for social media
- excellent writing skills with a keen awareness of communication needs of diverse audiences
- a willingness to work independently, with an interest in developing your own skills and knowledge
- excellent attention to detail and good eye for design
To find out more about what we do, please look at our website [makerandson.com] and instagram feed [https://www.instagram.com/makerandson/].
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter and examples of your portfolio (ideally covering film, photography and graphic design) demonstrating relevance to a brand like Maker&Son to: email@example.com
Full time role is £24,000 per annum but negotiable on experience. If you are applying as a freelancer please include your day rate including how many hours this covers as well as the number of days you are looking to do. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!